Writing a creative yet credible physical therapy survey questionnaire is important if you want to get the honest opinion of your target audience. Since your goal is to know and understand the feelings of your patients on certain aspects about your clinic, creating a simple yet concise physical therapy survey questionnaire is required.
Here are some tips you can use in making a physical therapy survey questionnaire:
- Decide the kind of information you want to gather for your physical therapy survey before you start writing the survey questions. The questions should also be specific so you can get the exact information you are making the survey for. Also, determine the sample group for your survey. Your survey result will not be accurate if you include a respondent who has not used or heard of the product of service you are gathering data about.
- It should be short and sweet. Ask only those questions that are relevant to the physical therapy survey, and discard those that are not essential to the data you are trying to gather. Using double negatives can also be confusing. A one page questionnaire is also better than a lengthy one since you might lose the interest of your respondents towards the end and their answers might be accurate anymore.
- Use the simplest words possible to ensure that your physical therapy survey questionnaire is straightforward and will not be misinterpreted by your target audience. A questionnaire with limited multiple-choice answers is best since the result would be easier to calculate.
- Your physical therapy survey questionnaire can start with standard questions that would make your respondents feel comfortable about answering your survey. You might also want to add questions to screen out respondents whose answering might not contribute to the success of the survey before going into the heart or the main questions of the survey. Questions thrown in to test the honestly and thoughtfulness of the survey can also be incorporated. This will allow you to control the quality of the questionnaires you will use as basis of your data.
- Physical therapy survey questionnaires should avoid leading questions that will prevent respondents from giving candid responses. It is better to use questions that are closed-ended rather than open-ended so you can control their responses. Using closed-ended queries for your physical therapy survey will make it more measurable and objective rather than vague and subjective. All questions should be arranged in a logical order, specific questions should follow general questions.
Conducting a physical therapy survey to gather data about your patients and your community is one important tool to access how your physical therapy business stands in your community and how it can grow in the future. You should always start a survey with a specific goal or data in mind. It is by asking the right questions that will get your accurate and actionable results.